Welcome and thank you for visiting Lafayette Woman’s Club. For over 80 years, the LaFayette Woman’s Club is “MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY”! Founded in 1938, our club’s primary purpose is to organize and carry out charitable service programs to benefit our community, provide leadership opportunities, and enrich the lives of its members through personal growth.
OUR MISSION –Our overall mission of GFWC Georgia and our club are the same which is to enhance the lives of others in our local communities through volunteer service. GFWC Georgia and its local clubs and members create global change working on a local level by selecting projects and programs by determining the specific needs of the communities in which they live and work every day.
In recent years, the club’s involvement includes the Don Stultz Senior Citizens Day, Annual Veterans Day Program, Hugh O’Brien Youth Scholarship Award, Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, Friends of the Library, the Restoration and Beautification of downtown LaFayette, Joe Stock Park, and the LaFayette Recreation Center. The Club is active in all LaFayette schools and helps with the Walker County Schools Young Author’s Fair and annual Art Show. The club is the primary civic organization in charge of the annual LaFayette Freedom Festival and the annual Reindeer Run. The Reindeer Run benefits the Shop With A Cop program and Makes Christmas Wishes Come True for underprivileged children in LaFayette.
As needs arise, the LaFayette Woman’s Club is first in line to volunteer with arts, educational, public issues, cultural and any other opportunity to better the community.
Local Projects/Charities with work with:
- Walker County Schools Arts Show (LWC members participate in)
- Student Art Contest winners for District and State Each Year
- Adult and Family Literacy
- Volunteer at all Local Schools
- Fund the Perfect Attendance Awards at LaFayette High School
- Fund the LaFayette High School Student selected to attend H.O.B.Y. each year
- Fund the Renaissance Reward Program at LaFayette Middle and High School each year
- Fund the LaFayette Middle School Gifted Summer Program
- Fund Kids for Christ
- City of LaFayette Pollinator Garden Projects
- Gardens at City’s Joe Stock Park, at Walker County’s Marsh House, and City of LaFayette Recreation Center
- Annual Veterans Day Program
- Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- Encouragement of voter registration
- Bee a Buckler Seatbelt safety
- Support of veterans through various programs and Co-Sponsor Annual City of LaFayette Freedom Festival/ 4th of July city celebration
To learn more please visit our website at https://lafayettewomansclub.org/